Saturday, December 23, 2006

Jeremy Enigk


Last night I experienced one of the most beautiful live performances I have ever attended. Jeremy Enigk(Sunny Day Real Estate, Fire Theft) played at the Trubadour in LA. It really impacted me in such a powerful way. I know I mentioned how this CD has definately fit this period in my life, but I have to say that last night took it to the next level. Why is it that hope screams so loud when the darkness is all around? As the song "Been Here Before" states:

been here before
though there's something in the air this time
now i wanna give away what i'd taken back
run away with you toward the night

a thousand names
though there's something in me cannot smile
don't wanna spend the day retracing steps
run away with you toward the light

Here's a live performance of "Damien Dreams" to give you an idea of what it was like:

No comments: